You know that feeling when you see someone so perfectly dressed and styled, you can’t help but feel a little bit… green with envy? This level of envy is exactly what we feel when we see people wearing skunk stripe wigs. These wigs are extremely popular right now, and it’s no surprise why. After all, who doesn’t love the idea of being able to adopt a new hair look in seconds? The skunk stripe wig is not just easy to wear – it also has an amazing range of applications. From parties to concerts and everything in between, they can be worn almost anywhere. But how much do you know about this latest fashion craze? Read on for our insider tips on everything you need to know about skunk stripe wigs right now...
What is a Skunk Stripe Wig?
The skunk stripe wig is a wig with a distinctive black-and-white pattern similar to that of skunk fur. Of course, the stripes' colours can vary, but the most popular skunk stripe colour combination is black and white.
Why Are They So Popular?
The skunk stripe wig trend is so popular at the moment because it’s able to help you get that skunked-out look instantly. Unlike hair extensions, you don’t need any special skills to style your skunk stripe wig. There’s also no need to use expensive styling products, so you don’t have to worry about spending lots of money at the hairdressers. These factors make the skunk stripe wig a trendy choice for many women.
How Are These Wigs Made?
Skunk stripe wigs are usually made from synthetic hair, although some high-end brands may use real human hair. The wig is then hand-painted with the distinctive skunk stripe pattern.
Important things to know about skunk stripe wigs:
- Not all skunk stripe wigs are suitable for all occasions. You must read the product description before making your purchase.
- If you’re going to be wearing a skunk stripe wig to a special occasion such as a wedding or prom, you should consult with a stylist and make sure that it looks right.
- A good styling product such as texturiser or hairspray can help to make your skunk stripe wig more natural-looking.
- If your wig is too large or small, you can use steam to reshape it.
- If your skunk stripe wig has been washed, avoid putting it in the dryer. Instead, reshape it into a flattened ball and then let it air-dry.
- Although some skunk stripe wigs look great when dyed, do not dye your skunk stripe wig every other colour. It might look great at first, but it could end up with a different colour after a few washes.
- Many skunk stripe wigs are heat-set. This means that you shouldn’t wet-shampoo your heat-set wig. If it becomes too wet, you can use a blow dryer on a low setting to help it to dry out.
- Before removing your skunk stripe wig, try smoothing it with a comb. This will help to remove any tangles and breakage that might have occurred while you were wearing it.
- If you’re a first-timer, you can always try on a sample wig before you buy the full product. This will give you a good idea of the fit and how it looks.
The skunk stripe wig is a great choice for anyone who wants to try out a new hair look without commitment. They’re also perfect for those who don’t have the time or money to visit a salon regularly. If you think the skunk stripe wig is for you, then go ahead and give it a try! You might just surprise yourself with how much you love it.